Thursday, April 28, 2011

Three Things

1. This year I have a class full of poets. If you remember, several months ago I posted a cinquain about a turkey. Today I post a haiku about a rock. If you're not familiar with haikus, a quick review: A haiku is traditionally a Japanese poem, usually about nature. It consists of three lines with 5, 7, and 5 syllables making up each line. Thus, the poem:

ROCKS
Rocks are very hard.
They are awesome in weird ways.
Rocks can make my day.

Love it.

2. I'm a tad bit obsessed with this CD recently:

Honestly, this is partly because the album cover is so cute. Look at it...it's so cute! Currently my favorite song is "Rock of Ages". These lyrics really stood out to me this week:

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law's demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Humbled and grateful that the Lord saved me.

3. You should read this. :) It's really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment