Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cutest Parade Ever

The 4th graders at my school put on an annual state "float" parade, and it is SO cute. They're each assigned a state to research at the end of the year, and they finish the unit out with a bang. Each child is given a foam lunch tray (yep - like the ones they use in the cafeteria!), and they decorate it with anything they can that pertains to their studied state. The rest of the school lines the hallways, the high school drum line leads the parade (along with our principal, wearing - of course - a funny but patriotic hat), and the 4th graders proudly march through the school, dragging their floats behind them. It's pretty much one of my favorite things to watch at my school. :)

I also had a fun visit from a friend of mine, Natalie. We're in the same small group, and she's a graduate of the school where I work. She came to see my classroom today, and then we enjoyed a lunch at Fuzzy's Tacos. Delish. Here we're being "Star Students", can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment