Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It Looked So Simple

I've been trying to get involved at my new church by volunteering for every opportunity that comes my way. So far it's worked out pretty well for me! However, last week I volunteered to help assemble new preschool toys/equipment for the church's new building, and this...

...this did not go well for me.

Behold the Fisher Price Learning Home:


Intimidating, right? I spent about an hour trying to set this thing up! Just to make one thing clear...it is NOT hard to assemble. There was an instruction sheet with 15 simple steps (with pictures included!). I had to go back and "un-assemble" at times because I didn't properly follow directions. For example...the door is supposed to be one of the first items on, which I realized at about Step 13.

And I expect 24 nine-year-olds to follow directions in my classroom. Little do they know their teacher is a hypocrite...

I suppose I better evaluate my gifts/talents before jumping on the next volunteer bandwagon. Assembling is not my thing!

1 comment:

  1. I missed this one, somehow! This is funny. I have to get Flynn to assemble everything for me, so I can sympathize.

    ReplyDelete