Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thundersnow

Last night we had a thundersnow. Really! Thunder, snow, and sleet all at the same time. The sound of it was amazing, although altogether distracting at 3:00, 4:00, and 5:00 in the morning.

My alarm went off at 5:15 this morning, and I searched carefully for any sign of school closures I could find. There were lots - not including my school. Administration finally posted a bulletin on the school website at 5:30ish, and by 6:00 I was dozing off into a couple more hours of blissful sleep. At that time, a phone call and voice recording jolted me out of sleep to let me know school was closed for the day. Thank you very much.

It is a blessing to be at home. Texas snow days always come at just the right time.

Here's some evidence of the storm that blew in last night. For Texas, it's a big deal! :)

After getting up this morning, I made a list, because that's what I do. To accomplish today, Lord willing:

*Blog (done!)
*Dust, launder and change sheets, put away clean clothes that have been sitting on the floor for entirely too long now (almost done!)
*Write letters
*File important looking documents that are necessary for tax season. Blah.
*Play with camera (hoping to learn at least one thing new today)
*Read, just because I can (a lost art for me)
*Cook dinner for the roommies
*BSF

This week we finished Isaiah 40 in BSF. I reread that today and continue to find encouragement in this passage. It's a beautiful reminder of God's incomparable power and might, His unfathomable greatness, and the way He provides strength for His own weary children. Read it if you get a chance.

That's all for now! Enjoy this blustery winter day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment