Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Meet Jean.

In the midst of a whirlwind of busy schedules, Jean and I meet in her home every week or two to go through the Bible study I'm involved in this semester.

We talk about sin. We talk about our struggle with it. We talk about forgiveness. We talk about our Savior's perfect life, atoning death, and victorious resurrection that makes forgiveness possible. We talk about God's grace, and how it's only by this grace - through faith in His Son - that we can know Him at all.

It's an encouraging time. And...Jean always has something ready for me to eat. :) On this particular evening, she brought home some delicious Jason's Deli for us to enjoy.

I'm grateful for my time with her - for her words of wisdom and encouragement, for her boldness in reminding me of truths I often forget.

"For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that we might become the righteousness of God." ~2 Corinthians 5:21

1 comment: