Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tuesdays

This semester, I look forward to Tuesdays simply because of good, quality time with my dear friend Megan.

For this friend I am grateful. She's beautiful. She's real. She's a great encouragement to me.

After my work at school is complete, I head over to join the Myers family for the evening. It's a privilege to jump into their lives - which on this particular Tuesday involved me making acorn-shaped biscuits. Obviously. When there is no biscuit cutter around, always, always go for the cookie cutters. The acorn shape was a nice touch for the fall.

After dinner and fellowship, Kc leaves for the remainder of the evening, and Bennett and the girls are left to hold down the fort...

"What is this large, black object with flashing lights she holds?"

"I do not know about this whole situation.
Mother, what should I do?"

There's that smile! Isn't he precious?

After a bath, it's bonding time with Mama! I loved hearing "Caps for Sale", a favorite of Bennett's. Megan's not really mad, it was just a very dramatic reading. :)

And after the little one is fast asleep, Megan and I have our own bonding time! Post-catching-up-on-each-others-lives, we pull out "Anne of Green Gables", which Megan recently found out I had never seen.

Unacceptable.

We are taking care of that, one Tuesday at a time.

2 comments:

  1. It's totally unacceptable. Good for Megan for correcting your path.

    p.s. Let me know when you start having a serious crush on Gilbert.
    p.p.s. Let me know when you start wondering why you haven't met any other Gilberts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie - SO TRUE!!! I even jokingly asked my husband if we could name this next child "Gilbert". (sigh)

    Erin - I heart you. You are one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing your evenings with us. :)

    ReplyDelete