Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cousins: Day 2

This morning began at my friend Megan's house, where the girls and I were able to play with some super cute kids (and see my super great friend!).  We arrived mid-morning and Annabel dove right into the train set, building an amazing town she called "Birkensmutzville".  Hurricane Bennett knocked a few things over, but that didn't stop Annabel from rebuilding.  She had a used car lot and everything!


When little Grant woke up from his morning nap, we all enjoyed lunch together before playing a bit more.  Allison entertained Bennett and Grant for a while before we left.


We returned home mid-afternoon and watched the remainder of Anne of Green Gables (Disc 1 - Why can't Anne and Gilbert ever like each other at the same time??).

Because we needed dessert after our evening excursion, the girls whipped up a pan of sopapilla cheesecake to be chilled in the fridge for the next several hours.



Cousin Becca met us for an early dinner, and the rest of the evening was spent on a grand adventure that I can't say any more about.  I will say this...it involved 104 degree temperatures, Gatorade, Rascal Flatts singing "Life is a Highway", and ant bites on my ankle that sting more than anything I've ever experienced.  But I got to spend time with these girls. :)


We were glad to get back home to our cheesecake, a little more Anne, and our evening devotional.  Looking forward to tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. That last pic is AWESOME! You kind of look like a model, with your hair being swept back like that. Work it, George.

    ReplyDelete