Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cousins: Last Day in Dallas

Tomorrow I take the girls back home, so we decided to end our week with a bang...at the Dallas World Aquarium!  I LOVE this place (Julie, I want to take you and the kids here sometime!), and today did not disappoint.  AND - a special treat - Cousin Becca came with us!



The whole place is set up like the layers of the rain forest, and here we are at the beginning of our tour, looking down at something cool.  I can't remember what it is (my memory is going, I'm nearing 30).


This picture is my favorite of the day. :)  I understand the determination to capture a picture - those marmoset monkeys are cute.


Annabel loved the otters, and they were so playful with her!


Anaconda!


Freshwater creatures - the manatee amazes me every time.  It's just so large.



Such a cutie...in a strange manatee-ish way.  I named her Barbara.



The shark tunnel - cool and creepy at the same time!


Allison and Annabel were so brave!



There were tons of these beautiful birds to admire.  I continue to be intrigued by their sleeping habits.  I thought I would try sleeping on one leg tonight, but maybe some other time.


Such fun! :)


After the aquarium we went to see...


...with my roommate Rachel and friend Caitlin.  Pixar's animation is incredible, but I have to say I was surprised by this movie.  And I can't say in a good way.  This website describes the movie in detail, and I wish I would have checked it first.  As far as Pixar movies go, Finding Nemo is still my favorite, by far!

It's hard to believe our week is over.  It has been wonderful having these two precious girls here - I've loved getting to know them even better over the last few days.  Thanks, girls, for an awesome week!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't like the movie! :( I read the review that you linked to...I guess I wasn't bothered by the "message" of the movie b/c I don't go to see a Hollywood production expecting it to have Judeo-Christian values. Also, I'm a little confused why the review made such a big deal about there being a witch in the movie. Lots of Disney movies have witches in them. I guess b/c this one wasn't painted as the villain?
    Hopefully it sparked some good conversation at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said, "you and the kidS" - made me do a double take...I keep forgetting that it's about to be plural

    Man, Lara would LOVE those manatees!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've checked out this book about manatee scientists so many times that I think I'm going to have to buy it.

    ReplyDelete