Monday, June 29, 2009

But God...

I've been thinking on the sermon I heard at church yesterday, praising God for a pastor who communicates clearly the good news of the gospel.

Yesterday I was reminded that as a sinful person I deserve nothing but eternal separation from a holy God. There is nothing I can do to work my way to Him, to earn His favor, to make myself right with Him.

But God...

My, those are beautiful words.

But God, who is rich in mercy, sent His Son to die for me. To take the punishment for my sin upon Himself, and to defeat death and bring new life through His resurrection. In Christ alone, I can experience forgiveness, love, peace, and joy - and I can live in relationship with my heavenly Father. As His child, no less!

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound...

Lord, help me to rest in your grace in all that I do.

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!"

~1 John 3:1

1 comment:

  1. I love that verse and that expression ... But God. It really is so true and epitomizes our life. We would be nothing, absolutely nothing, but God decided to intervene and for that, I'm in awe.

    Love you friend and your deep insights.

    ReplyDelete