Monday, July 6, 2009

Sit Long. Talk Much. Laugh Often.

This was the slogan of a restaurant I visited while in Seattle last week, and I fell in love with it. David, my brother's friend, took us to a small bistro that he had happened upon a month before while in Seattle on a business trip. He had gotten to know the owner pretty well, so we were all introduced to him when we arrived. Three hours later, we left the restaurant full and relaxed. The owner actually sat down with us to chat, as did the waiter that was serving us. They asked questions, got to know us, and brought us our food slowly in courses, providing plenty of time for conversation.

Why can't more dinners be that way? Isn't dinner meant to be enjoyed with family or friends? Why can't we slowly enjoy the food God has provided and the people He's blessed us with? I rush through dinner often, so when I do have a meal like the one at the bistro, I leave feeling refreshed.

Two of my super cousins came over for dinner tonight. We sat, talked, and laughed, and enjoyed each other's company. I'm so grateful for my family! Thanks, Becca and Deborah, for a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment