Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Current Pet Peeve

I need to know something. Let me preface this by saying that I love food. And being a single teacher, I tend to find it easier to grab dinner on the way home. Subway and Pei Wei recognize me now, although I'm not sure that's a good thing....

I've been harboring bitterness about something, and I just need to get it out there and confess. When I go to these places to eat, I always ask for water. It's better for me, and I can't justify spending $1.45 on a drink when I'm already spending money on dinner. Very rarely do I order a soda, but when I do, I get a choice of a 12 oz. cup, a 16 oz. cup, or a 20 oz. cup. However, when I order water, I get this:


6 ounces of water. Does anybody else think this is a little unfair? If a customer is ordering water over soda, shouldn't that person be rewarded for choosing a healthier option? Instead of being punished by receiving a tiny cup - that once filled with ice - holds about a teaspoon of water? Occasionally I'll ask for a bigger cup, but on two recent occasions I've been rejected and charged extra.

I apologize for my venting. Maybe someday I'll accept the 6 ounce cup with a smile, but apparently not today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment