Friday, January 22, 2010

A Smorgasbord

Smorgasbord. Such a fun word to say...

Anyhow, here are the pictures of the week! It really is a random assortment. A lot has happened in the last few days! Enjoy...

January 16th: Kim's birthday celebration at Chuy's with Cary and Melissa. Happy 28th Birthday, Kim!

January 17th: Cousin Becca and I went to visit Cousin Ashley & Rudy last weekend. This is their precious 1-year-old daughter. Judging from the look on her face, I think she's a little wary of "Aunt" Erin.

January 18th: Velour Day with Cousin Becca and Ashley! Some might think it's nerdy to match like this...I do not.

January 19th: Evidence of the worst math lesson I've taught yet. Really. By the end of it, I think my students were more confused about division than when we started. I'm thankful for reteaching opportunities!

January 20th: Julie's precious daughter, Lara, sent me a thank-you note this week! She wrote it "herself" - such a smart girl! I thought the card was creative and wanted to share.

January 21st: I read this verse during my evening devotional the other night (Evening by Evening by Charles Spurgeon). It was very convicting to me since I find myself so often distracted by "worthless things". How often my thoughts drift away from my Savior and His work on the cross! How often I lose sight of the fact that life is about His glory, not mine! ~Psalm 119:37 "Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways." Praying to that end.

January 22nd: Oh, the story that goes along with this picture. I was driving out of my school parking lot this afternoon when I was attacked by another car. A coworker of mine (so sad!) didn't see me as she pulled out of her parking spot. The funny things is, I had a dream last night about getting into a wreck. In the dream there was ice and a wall, though. And it was just me running into it. And it was dark. So really...it wasn't the same at all!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man...What a week!! The first picture is a total flashback - all those Baylor girls - brings back memories=) Looks like y'all had fun. LOVE the velour pic - although, slightly disturbed that you chose not to wear your robe. I will excuse you only because you had a bad ending to the week with your accident...(so sorry!)...but will expect a renewed commitment to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Robe next week. That's all - oh, and Lara is glad to see that her foot made the blog=)

    ReplyDelete