Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cling to the Cross

February 7: I realize I'm posting out of order, but I really wanted to share these lyrics. We've sung this song the last two weekends at church, and I just love the words.

Cling to the Cross

No day of my life has passed that has not
Proved me guilty in Your sight.
The best that I have to offer are these filthy rags,
And yet You love me...

All things in me call for my rejection,
All things in You plead my acceptance.

I am guilty but pardoned,
By grace I've been set free.
I am ransomed through
The blood You shed for me.
I was dead in my transgressions,
But life You brought to me.
I am reconciled through mercy,
To the cross I cling.

No more am I a slave to sin,
But bought with a price.
Redemption that was purchased
Through the blessed cross
That You bore for me.

~written by Michael Bleecker

2 comments: