Friday, February 12, 2010

Unusual Happenings

What a crazy week! Between being immersed in a classroom of sick students and experiencing record-breaking snowfall in Dallas, it's been hard to get much done this week. Enjoy the pictures...

February 6: A diaper cake for an upcoming shower. Originally this picture was supposed to be posted after the shower happened, but due to inclement weather, it didn't quite work out that way. So if your name is Megan, this diaper cake is NOT for you.

February 7: *See this day's picture in my previous post.

February 8: Monday I had 13 students absent! 13! I couldn't believe it - everything from strep throat, type A flu, stomach viruses, colds...you name it, my class had it. It was strange looking out at all those empty desks and trying to teach. We spent much of the day out of our seats and on the floor. Lesson plans flew out the window; instead we made get-well cards and had math centers (2 kids in each center). We also Cloroxed everything in the room. Twice!

February 9: I made my sister-in-law's famous cookies this week - Monster Cookies. They are quite tasty, but I tend to forget the recipe makes about 5 bajillion cookies (it's a real number, I promise. I teach 3rd grade). It took a couple days to get through all the dough, and there were just...so...many...

February 10: Each week I get to spend some time with a senior from my school. This is Cassie, and it has been a blast getting to know her over the last several months. Usually we meet before school, but this week she recommended a place called Fat Straws, which serves bubble tea. It was delightful. Cassie took the picture below. Photographer in the making? She's got quite an eye for it!


February 11: This is what I woke up to on Thursday morning. Snow fell heavily all day and well into the night - Dallas had a record-breaking 24 hours with 12.5 inches of snow. It was breathtaking.

February 12: More snow. :)

"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." ~Isaiah 1:18

Thank You, Jesus, for making this possible.

2 comments:

  1. Where is this fat straws place?? I must go there!
    p.s. I love your pictures as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in CA when you wrote this...bet you thought I was going to miss commenting on one of your posts - but NEVER FEAR. My late comments for this week are as follows: 1) What on earth is bubble tea? Explain. 2) Your cake looks AWESOME. 3) Can't believe y'all got that much snow!! I'll bet your kids were so excited! Fun.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete