Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pray For Me?

Well, friends...since I'm leaving the country tomorrow, I thought I'd post the week's pictures thus far. Enjoy! :)

February 20: So my phone died last week. It just turned off and never turned back on...I'm not quite sure what happened! It's amazing to me how much I depend on my phone...a little troubling to think about, actually. I had issues communicating with the world for a couple days, but then I found this little beauty buried in my closet. My Motorola phone from 5 years ago! The screen looked just like this for the first day and a half, but then it cleared up. I'm grateful to have a working phone for now...

February 21: Little Village preschool ministry. I love our 2-year-old class! This is Lindsey, the girl I have the privilege of working with each week. Sadly, I got a phone call today asking me to switch rooms on Sunday morning, which means I'll no longer be working with Lindsey. I'm bummed about that since we just started really getting to know each other. But I know it's about the Lord's purpose, not my plans - and I know there is another class of preschoolers just waiting to be loved.

February 22: The mom of one of my students gave me this gift on Monday - it was so thoughtful of her! She knew I was leaving this week, so she packaged up some necessary (and just-for-fun) travel items. My favorite is the book light - so excited to use that! :)

February 23: I was the 100th customer at Chick-fil-a today! Not only was my meal free, but they rang a cowbell for me and shouted with excitement! :) It's hard not to have your day brightened by that.

My (borrowed) suitcase. Tomorrow I'm leaving for Israel and will be there for 10 days - I'm so excited! Unfortunately I have to fit all this and more inside this suitcase. And it has to zip. It might be a late night.

If you would pray for me while I'm gone, I'd love prayer for:
~safety for the group I'm traveling with
~opportunities for relationship building
~ministry opportunities, conversations about the gospel with students from my school
~a deeper understanding of Scripture as I visit the places where Jesus walked

Next batch of photos...Israel. :)

4 comments:

  1. It is so exciting to be the 100th customer at Chick-fil-A. It happened to me once and was a real blessing.

    I will be thinking of you on your trip and can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have an incredible time in Eretz Israel, Erin! I'm praying for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you already!!! p.s. I see you kept that purse. I think that was a good choice. :)
    I love you and I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete