Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's...

...the weekend!!! How often I took it for granted during the summer! Being a spoiled teacher, every day felt like a weekend over summer break. And after three days of school? Boy, was I ready for a day to sleep in! :) Thank you, Lord, for Saturdays!

I love my kids. Love them! They are going to be an energetic bunch this year (in a good way), and I am already looking forward to getting to know them better in the next 9 months.

Enjoy the pictures!

August 15: Take-out and movie night with Rachel and Jamie. Pei Wei kids' meals all around!

August 16: My mom treated me to a back-to-school pedicure Monday afternoon. I have to admit...the flower on my toe just makes me happy.

August 17: About to begin my 7th (how did that happen??) year of teaching!

August 18: No good picture today. :)

August 19: Little Bennett eating rice cereal...Kc and Megan's precious son. I just love him!

August 20: My new friend. I recently went to the doctor for a physical, and I failed my breathing test six times! My doctor prescribed me an inhaler, which I've been too afraid to use until this week. I used it Monday morning, and I discovered it is possible in one's life to breathe deeply and comfortably! How interesting...

August 21: I made dinner for my mom, Jim, Grandma, and Lee tonight. They came by on their way to a concert, and it was wonderful dining with them! My mom brought over some wine, too, so I enjoyed a glass - UNTIL - I felt something strange entering my mouth and discovered a fly...

Check it out at 2:00. Disgusting. Thankfully I didn't swallow it! :)

3 comments:

  1. just wanted to let you know that i read your blog. if there was a button for that i would have pushed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry that was a stupid comment. but see, it's like i was telling becca, it's hard for me to know what to say because i was presented with so many glimpses into your life.

    let's start with, are you sure you've been teaching for 7 years because there's no way. when did you graduate from college??

    ReplyDelete
  3. An inhaler?! Poor George!!! But your roommate date night looks like it was fun. We need to talk so I can hear about your new place!

    ReplyDelete