Monday, August 9, 2010

So Long, Summer Vacation

Tomorrow marks the first official day of the 2010-2011 school year. I'm amazed at how quickly the summer flew by! I think I feel that way every year, but this year it seemed to go by even faster!

Please pray. Pray that I will be able to teach my students well this year. That God will be glorified in the work He's called me to. Pray that I would take opportunities to talk about the gospel with my kids. That even in a math lesson, grammar lesson, or science lesson, God's love would be evident in the classroom. And pray that I would depend daily on His grace.

That's a lot of prayer requests. :)

I have quite a few pictures this week, so bear with me. Enjoy!

July 31: My roommate invited me to a missions fundraiser last Saturday. It was the most creative way I've seen to raise funds for a mission trip! A group from my church is going to Sudan, so they decided to show a movie in the backyard of someone's house. They charged a ticket price of $10 and a school supply to get in.

August 1: Is it bad that I'm ready for fall? It's only August.

August 2: A full day of work. My classroom assistant and I organized supplies Monday - we got a lot done!

August 3: Back-to-school shopping whilst using gift cards? My favorite kind of shopping! :)

August 4: If you can figure out what's wrong with this picture, you've earned yourself a high five (it might have to be an imaginary one, depending on where you live).

August 5: I traveled to San Antonio to visit family this weekend, and this was the bag I took with me. It's so small! I was rather proud of myself - I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and pack lightly. I won't tell you how many bags I ended up bringing home from San Antonio. That information is irrelevant.

August 6: My first morning with Grandma and Lee. They made a delicious breakfast!

August 7: My grandma has trained her dog Lance to be a therapy dog, which means he'll soon be visiting patients in nursing homes. He got his certificate in the mail while I was there, which was very exciting! It became the weekend joke since "Certificate of Certification" is a tad bit redundant.

August 8: Lance, official therapy dog! He's pretty adorable.

Lance loves my grandmother, and he's got good reason to! I love this picture. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, the broken handle! Hate that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You broke your spoon whilst stirring cookie dough. High five?!

    ReplyDelete