Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Love Texas

This week, Dallas has experienced snowfall, sunshine, and temperatures ranging from the 40s to the 70s. Texas weather makes me smile!

On a different note...I've recently started listening to JR Vassar, who is the pastor at Apostles Church in New York City. He spoke at my church a few weeks ago, and since then I've downloaded the church's podcasts. I've really been encouraged by his sermons; in each message, he is very intentional about clearly sharing the good news of Christ's redeeming work on the cross. Two favorites: "Intentional Singleness" and "The Heart God Wants". I look forward to listening to more!

Enjoy this week's pictures!

March 20: My mom and I had a date Saturday night, shortly after she came back from Colorado. It was great to spend time with her after almost a month! This is one of her dogs, Brownie, who was brought into her life by her husband Jim. Sure, Brownie looks cute in this picture, but don't be deceived. He's one of the most energetic dogs I've ever been around - once he almost dragged me into a pond. I'm starting to like him a bit more, but don't tell him that. I don't want to ruin our rapport.

March 21: It snowed! Heavily! For Texas, anyway. :)

This is also from Sunday, but I had to post it because I know how much Dani and Garrett wanted me to. ;) These are my home group hosts/leaders. They graciously offer their home on Sunday evenings so our small group can fellowship, pray, and talk about the Lord and what He's teaching us. I just love this picture.

March 22: This is what I do each evening before going to bed - iron my clothes for the next day! I'm a nerd, I know. Notice I use a towel as an "ironing board" since I'm too lazy to drag the real thing out from behind my washing machine.

March 23: Oh, the comedy of this day! My third grade class learned about soil on Tuesday, and this has to have been the WORST this lesson has ever gone. I was not prepared, it was rushed, and dirt was EVERYWHERE. Half my kids were stressed out, and the other half thought it was the best day of the year. I didn't help matters by laughing through the whole lesson while trying to maintain order in the classroom. The papers they turned in were disgusting. We sent them home for the parents to see...I hope they think it's as funny as we did.

March 24: Dinner with the Myers family. :) Here is Megan holding sweet Bennett. He is just precious!

March 25: Dinner with Dad (and friends) and Cousin Becca.

March 26: One of many views during my work day. I love my job. :)

3 comments:

  1. Y'all got snow this week?! Crazy! I appreciate the picture of Brownie. I miss that kid...I smile just thinking about how my freshly manicured toenails were "energetically" greeted last time we were at your mom's house...do you remember that? Dear me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that Dante is still your favorite dog. He'll be devastated if he no longer tops the list :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha wow I was excited about that dinner apparently.

    ReplyDelete