Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

Even though tomorrow brings temperatures in the 40's and a 90% chance of thunderstorms, the first day of spring always brings a smile to my face. I just love the spring. New flowers, green grass, blue skies, the warm sun (sometimes) - an opportunity, yet again, to enjoy the beauty of God's creation. I love it.

My aunt, uncle, and cousin came to visit this week as they were on Spring Break. My cousin Becca is their eldest daughter and lives nearby, so they have good reason to venture up north. It was a treat to spend time with them; that family has always been such an encouragement to me.

Enjoy the pictures!

March 13: Saturday night: cleaning night. Bleh. Since I hosted my aunt and uncle for the week, I decided my apartment needed a little work.

March 14: My first attempt at homemade hummus! I was in charge of snacks for my small group on Sunday night - a great opportunity to try some new (and old) recipes. In addition to the hummus, I made a new queso recipe (thanks, Julie!) and my mom's tried-and-true mint brownies. Mmm.

March 15: My aunt came to school with me on Tuesday, so of course we had to pack our lunches the night before. We're ready!

March 16: In an attempt to see a movie on Tuesday night, my family and I were able to enjoy some breathtaking bradford pear trees in the parking lot of the theater. These trees are all around town right now, and they are gorgeous! The flowers don't last but a few weeks, and unfortunately they smell terrible, but they are really pretty to look at!

March 17: Cousin Catherine. :)

March 18: I confess I'm cheating. I left my camera at school Thursday, so I'm using a picture from last week. These are some of my students swinging during recess. I had been swinging with them a few minutes before, and it was absolutely refreshing! Try it sometime - you're never too old to swing!

March 19: My Friday night project. My first digital scrapbook (of Israel), coffee, and a new candle my aunt gave me. It smells like a bakery. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice hummus pic! ;) And nice all pics...and nice...you...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not despair, small one, because I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have alot of catch-up reading to do, I see...my favorite pic from this week is of the hummus! CAN'T BELIEVE you made it yourself! How did it turn out? It sort of looks like some sort of craft glue/paste type thing (no offense), but I'll bet it tasted good...=)

    ReplyDelete