Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Pretty Piece of Eggplant

This week a coworker called me a "pretty piece of eggplant". I was wearing a purple dress that day, so I see where she was coming from, but still...eggplant?

Enjoy this week's pictures!

April 11: There's really no point to this one. I woke up with a random wound on my thumb one morning, and I thought the band-aid was fun! The box of band-aids advertised them as "vibrant binders"...And so they are.

April 12: Right now in class we're observing green anole lizards. This is a unit that lasts several weeks each spring, and usually I shriek at least once while handling the little critters. Not only lizards are involved - earthworms, crickets - a plethora of jumpy, slimy, living things. Anyhow, we are hosting 7 lizards in our class right now. Each group of 4 students has one to call their own. A few days ago I looked closely at the terrariums, and this is what I saw on two of them...what you SHOULD see is one piece of masking tape (with the table group's name) and ONE sticky note (with the lizard's name). Apparently these two groups got a little sticky-note happy and went a bit overboard. If you click on the picture you can read what they wrote. It's pretty cute!

April 13: A joke played on my assistant principal. She came in to observe me this week, and we had this spot all set up for her. My favorite is the fake flame taped to the candle and the Snuggie draped over the back of the chair (which you can't see). It made her laugh, which was the point!

April 14: Starbucks and fellowship with Dani, a friend from home group...had a great time!

April 15: Five jars of salsa. This is what I found in my refrigerator earlier this week. Sadly, one jar was ruined and one almost empty, but I was able to salvage three of them. So as not to be a poor steward of the food I've been given, I will be eating salsa on many things over the next several days! Next time a recipe calls for salsa, I need to check my fridge first.

April 16: On a small detour tonight, Cousin Becca and I ventured down a back road into a secret neighborhood - seemingly in the middle of nowhere. Look closely at the picture. Yes, that is a helicopter you see in the garage. A helicopter! In a garage. I have no other words.

And another from tonight...after passing by the helicopter house, we went to a Jimmy Needham concert. I really like this guy's music. Below are part of the lyrics of one of his songs:

Forgiven and Loved

O I tried and tried to rectify my hopeless situation
But I bought the lie I still have work to do
Now I'm working nine to five like I can earn my own salvation
But there is no condemnation in You

O He died, He died to rectify my hopeless situation
And His blood commands my guilt to leave
Now on Calvary I stand
Empty pockets, open hands
O there is no condemnation for me
Child, you're forgiven and loved...

A great reminder that nothing I do makes me right with the God of the universe. It is Christ alone - His atoning sacrifice for my sin, His righteousness - that reconciles me to Him. Because of God's great mercy, I am forgiven and loved.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS WEEK'S PICS!!!!! A few things:

    1) I think that YOU are a vibrant binder.
    2) I think you're less of an eggplant and more of a cauliflower.
    3) I think you're also just REALLY pretty. Love how you have your hair!
    4) I think you kind of wimped out on us in Pic #5. We need more information. How badly molded was the can of salsa that was "ruined?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the prettiest piece of eggplant I have ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete