Friday, April 30, 2010

Goodbye, April...

It's hard to believe May is already here. This year has flown by so quickly! May is one of the busiest months for teachers (the other being August), and although the month is filled with fun events, there is still much to be done before the kids leave for the summer. I need to daily remind myself to depend on the Lord for strength, endurance, and patience. I want to do my job well without becoming consumed by it or anxious about it. I want to use the remaining time to love my kids well and teach and live out the gospel, instead of being caught up in the busyness of all the details - which is easy to do. If you think about it, will you pray for me?

Enjoy this week's pictures!

April 24: Every few Saturdays I get to spend time with kids from a church in Dallas. We play outside, enjoy conversation, learn about Jesus, and eat tasty food. These are two of the kids playing basketball (one of the many outdoor activities). Notice I'm over by the short hoop where I belong. :)

April 25: My lamp. Obviously I was in need of a picture for this day.

April 26: We started "Charlotte's Web" today! Each spring we do a 3-week literature unit on this classic story that I love. Each student gets their own new copy of the book, and the first thing we do is flip through the pages and simultaneously smell the "new book smell".

April 27: A sad illustration of a food chain. I began by ambitiously illustrating the sun and the grass...not realizing I'd eventually have to draw a hawk. That's when I just gave up! My kids were so encouraging through it all..."Wow, that's really good, Miss Cunningham!"...they're so sweet.

April 28: 31-cent scoop night at Baskin Robbins!

April 29: My roommate Summer bought me this coffee maker for my birthday one year, and it is one of my favorite appliances....

April 30: Friday faculty meeting...

2 comments:

  1. I really like the lamp image.

    You should try some longer exposures to spice things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 31 cents?! How many scoops did you get? If you say less than 3, I'll be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete