Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring Cleaning and More Salsa

Psalm 138:8 really encouraged me today, and I thought I'd share it:

"The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of Your hands."

This is a comforting reminder to me that God is sovereign and good, and that He lovingly directs the paths of His children. Despite my sin that I struggle with, despite the mistakes I make, He will fulfill His purpose for me. So often I forget that my life is about His glory, not mine...Lord, teach me to surrender to and trust in You alone.

Enjoy this week's pictures!

April 17: Spring cleaning day. Saturday I cleaned - and I mean CLEANED - the apartment. It desperately needed it...I thought I'd get a shot of my bed actually made. This doesn't happen very often.

April 18: So. After checking my bank statement online, I noticed something fishy. Can you guess which charge is not mine? $2,679.08 at Office Depot. Seriously? It was no big deal to close my credit card and get this taken care of, but it still irks me to think that someone acquired my card number and is now out there with stolen merchandise.

April 19: A beautiful corner of my mom's garden. I love these flowers!

April 19: I couldn't help it...this picture turned out to be so cute.

April 20: Dinner with a college friend, Rebecca. We student taught together in Australia, and I loved getting to know her while we were there! She teaches in the Dallas area, too, and I get to see her occasionally. Hopefully we'll both have more opportunity to hang out over the summer. Oh, and the sandwich was ham and brie - with thin slices of granny smith apples on it - delish.

April 21: Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you!

April 22: Sadly, another jar of salsa went bad (aka: grew mold). I really am trying to use the remaining salsa in my refrigerator before it all spoils! On this night I had breakfast tacos...for dinner. With salsa, of course.

April 23: I stole this idea from another blog I like - GirlTalk. One of the writers for that blog is doing a project called 52 Home, which is full of really fun pictures to look through. Her photos are much better than mine...and she has cute kids to take pictures of! Anyway, it was a rainy morning on the way to school today, but it turned out to be sunny and beautiful later. I took this picture in a school zone. There's got to be some law against using a camera in a school zone, I'm sure of it. If there's not, there should be - I was not driving safely!

1 comment: