Monday, September 6, 2010

Back in the Game

Notice: I have a picture for every day this week! My rebellious phase is over, and I'm back in the game. :)

Enjoy!

August 28: Kim, Nik, and I enjoyed dinner together at Mama Pita, a Mediterranean version of Freebirds or Chipotle. It was delightful! Each customer goes through the line and chooses fillings for a pita-style burrito; but rather than the normal chicken and beans, you have choices like falafel, lamb, feta, rice, and hummus. Mmmm...I would definitely eat there again!

August 29: Sweet encouragement from a girl who was promoted to the 3-year-old room at church. She colored a picture for me, and her mom wrote a thoughtful thank-you note. She's been in my room for the last year...I'll miss her!

August 30: Enjoying a brisk walk one night. The weather has been beautiful this week!

August 31: "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims His handiwork." ~Psalm 19:1

September 1: My grandmother got me started on this terrible snack when I last visited her. She bought me this jar at Costco, and I'll have to give her a hard time about it when I talk with her next. By "terrible" I actually mean "delectable", but perhaps they weren't the healthiest snack I could have eaten. I'm so glad they're finally gone!

September 2: The time I got home Thursday night. It was curriculum night at my school, so it was a 14 hour day. Bleh.

September 3: It was hard to find a way to photograph the beauty of this day. The temperature was in the 80's, and the sky was so blue! I probably should have taken a picture of the sky, but these flowers are pretty. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your second picture! That is so sweet! Gives me a good idea for Lara's nursery teachers - she just got promoted=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok! Where is Mama Pita? The composure of August 30th is fantastic. I totally relate to the Peanut Butter Nuggets. I have had a similar experience. It's the new Lay's Potato chip..."Betcha can't eat just one"! We are almost halfway through the first six weeks. Things will slow down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo I agree with Jennifer. Aug 30 is a GREAT pic! Good work cousin! :)

    ReplyDelete