Friday, October 8, 2010

Flan and an Oven Fire

Enjoy!

October 2: Sisters? Or cousins? It's so hard to tell! Cousin Catherine came into town last weekend for the OU game. She's a freshman there and is so grown up! She used to be 7...I'm getting old.

October 3: Jamie, one of my roommates, made a flan for a coworker's birthday celebration on Sunday. All was well until the flan spilled over the edges and the oven caught on fire. From upstairs, I hear "Erin? Erin!! Come help me!!!". This is not a normal request from Jamie, so I flew downstairs immediately, where I found her extinguishing the fire like a pro. Things get rather exciting 'round here.

October 4: Things to do while sitting in traffic:

1. Take pictures of other people sitting in traffic.
2. If you have any other ideas, let me know. That's all I've got.

October 5: Sharon and I were sneaky and left school to grab a Sonic drink. We thought the kids could handle themselves. :) Not really, they were in Music class.

October 6: Summer gave me this book for my birthday, and I've just started reading it. I love it already!

October 7: Lesson planning.

October 8: These apples were part of a baked apple crisp I made tonight. It turned out to be delicious, but after peeling, coring, and slicing each apple, I decided this might be on my Christmas list this year:


4 comments:

  1. I love the pic of the apples. Also, who took that picture of you and Catherine? You two are so hot right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CATHERINE LOOKS BIZARRELY LIKE YOU.

    I am now going to refer to her as Little G.

    G stands for George.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that peeler, corer, slicer and it changed.my.life. Seriously. It did.

    I LOVE how it suctions to the counter. It's a crowd pleaser too! People are awed by my culinary skills when I whirl that handle around and around! You should definitely get it!

    HAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete