Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Best Of...

In honor of the end of the school year, I'd like to share some sentences that have made me smile over the last several months. Every Thursday for homework, my kids have what's called "10 Brilliant Sentences". They are to choose 10 spelling words to use correctly in 10 sentences. Not just any sentences - 10 brilliant sentences. My classroom assistant loves grading these, and she chooses a favorite each week and stashes a copy in a file labeled "Best of 10 Brilliant Sentences". Below are a few of my personal favorites. You can see the spelling word (or some variation of it) underlined in each sentence. Kids are so cute!


I salutationed my family last night.

I am almost always right sometimes.

I am the most awesome person. (*Humility at its best...)

I stared at Nick for an hour.

The eraser on my pencil is worthless.

A person, place, or thing is a verb. (*I do teach grammar, I promise!)

My kitten was born in the year of 1969.

My brother loves to unroll toilet paper.

Miss Cunningham has always wanted to mow the lawn. (*So true...)


Grateful for my students. They are precious.

3 comments:

  1. Erin! I found your blog through Megan's and I love all the photos.

    I bet you are counting down until summer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! You really do always want to mow the lawn. I like that kid.

    By the way, I'm stealing your title - I had my kids do this same activity at the end of every week. But I just called it "Vocabulary Sentences." BORING Mrs. Cratty. Next year I'll be BRILLIANT Mrs. Cratty!

    ReplyDelete