Tuesday, May 25, 2010

[insert HSM music here]

What time is it?? Summer time!

If you don't know what this title is referencing, you need to watch High School Musical 2.

Furthermore, if you didn't know what HSM stood for before I typed it out, you need to watch High School Musical 1, 2, and 3.

The school year has ended and summer is officially here! I'm looking forward to a break, although it was sad sending my class off today. I've really enjoyed them this year.

Enjoy this week's pictures!

May 22: As of Saturday afternoon, my Saturday evening plans consisted of me at my apartment, productively checking things off my to-do list. Becca said she might come over and help me with some things, but this plan soon evolved. Her husband then planned to join us, and before I knew it we had two other couples from our small group at my apartment. It was a beautifully spontaneous moment, and the evening turned out to be so much fun! We ate at a nearby mexican restaurant, returned to the apartment, and played "Imagine If" while enjoying laughter and fellowship. We finished the evening with a viewing of "The Incredibles", which apparently I haven't seen in awhile because I remembered VERY little of it. It was a great Saturday night!

May 23: Dear friends from my small group, Dani and Elizabeth.

May 24: A sweet student of mine brought in cupcakes she had baked over the weekend. She and her aunt had carefully decorated each one to look like the students in our class. They were precious! Doesn't this look just like me?

May 25: Love this new album by Jimmy Needham! I've listened to it several times this week, and I appreciate the rich lyrics. My favorite is probably "Grace Amazing", which he apparently cowrote with Shane Bernard (folksy singer) and Trip Lee (rapper). Needless to say, it makes for an interesting song! :)

May 26: Cherry tomatoes - delicious. This is part of a random mixture of ingredients including pasta and parmesan cheese. I was trying to be chef-like and throw together something brilliant, but my dinner didn't turn out the way I'd envisioned it. It was edible, but I decided not to become a professional chef at this time in my life.

May 27: Relief. Thank You, Lord. When I left work the temperature in my car read 93 degrees. When I arrived home 25 minutes later, the temperature read 82 degrees, and the sky looked like this. This week it's been in the 90s and HOT. Don't get me wrong...I'm grateful the temperature has not yet reached it's summer peak, but I'm also grateful for a rain shower.

May 28: The last day of school. My empty classroom. :(

2 comments:

  1. Comments:

    1. I KNOW WHAT HSM MEANS!!! Proud of myself for that.
    2. The cupcake does look like you. I've always noticed that your left eye was a little lopsided.
    3. Just kidding.
    4. At what time in your life will you become a professional chef? The world needs to experience your parmesan chicken.
    5. Can't believe the school year is up - you know what that means...TIME FOR A TRIP TO NC!!! YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enough is enough!!! You are banned from summer screenings of HSM. I have booked a therapy session for you to recover from this obsession. Sorry to see the Stepford beauties exit to the next year. They were precious the few minutes we saw them in the fall.

    ReplyDelete