Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Day I Wrestled the Vacuum Cleaner

Enjoy the pictures! :)

May 15: My friend Mica (in the blue shirt) took Becca and me to the Ft. Worth Stockyards last weekend. She is a professional photographer and is very gifted! We enjoyed our time with her and learned a bunch...below is a favorite picture of my dear cousin.

She's just beautiful. Inside and out.

May 16: Working on end-of-the-year letters to my students.

May 17: I didn't have a good picture for this day, so...this is a gift for my cousin Catherine. She's graduating high school next week, and I thought she needed an essential item for her dorm room. You'll soon find out what it is...:)

May 18: Okay, I'm so proud of this moment! I started vacuuming the apartment, and suddenly the vacuum smelled like it was about to explode. I quickly turned it off so my apartment wouldn't burn down. After at first feeling defeated, I thought "How hard can it be to fix this thing?" So I Googled. Google is amazing, by the way. I pulled up directions on how to change a belt (since my apartment smelled like burnt rubber), and I started unscrewing things. After disassembling everything, I came to realize the belt was fine, but the rotating brush was disgusting. So I cleaned that out, put everything back together, and tried vacuuming again - success!

May 19: Dinner with Cary and Kim. We enjoyed dinner at a mexican restaurant in town called Gloria's.

May 20: Dinner at Megan & Kc's. Megan made delicious sloppy joes, corn on the cob, and fries.

May 21: I had a work day at school on Friday, and I utilized my Snuggie during the afternoon! It. Is. Awesome. Who knew I could be warm and work on report cards at the same time?

Catherine has one, too! She opened her present while she was in town - Happy Graduation! :)

1 comment:

  1. You look very snug. In your snuggie. I wanted one, but Flynn has outlawed them, after what happened with the robe you gave me - he's afraid that if I ever got a snuggie, I'd see no problem with wearing it in public.

    He's right, obviously.

    ReplyDelete