Friday, May 14, 2010

Original Title

Enjoy this week's pictures!

May 8: I ran out of body wash last weekend, so I thought I'd pick up another at the store. Kroger was having a 3 for $10 sale, and I hate to miss a good sale! Turns out I already had one stashed under my sink, so when I got home I discovered I now had 4. A little excessive? I like to think I'm just extremely prepared...

May 9: Cousin Deborah stopped by on her way back home from college. I'm so glad she did - it's always such a treat to see her! She came to church with us on Sunday, and we all spent Mother's Day with Becca's mother-in-law. Pei Wei and good company...a great Sunday afternoon.

May 10: McAllister's sweet tea - delicious! A treat before BSF on Monday night.

May 11: Right now my kids are dissecting owl pellets, which is one of my favorite projects in our science curriculum. Two of my girls found the biggest rat skull I've seen yet!

May 12: Fried rice attempt #1 - it was a success! I've always wanted to try this, and I loved this recipe from Simple & Delicious. This picture is a realistic view of my kitchen while I cook. I like to make a mess...:).

May 13: The senior I meet with each week had her last day of classes on Thursday. At my school, the seniors have what's called "Uniform Desecration Day" - a day they embellish their uniforms to show off their college choice. Cassie was all decked out in maroon and white, and she donned a cute pair of cowboy boots for the day - Gig 'Em!

May 14: Tonight I had the pleasure of dining with a family from school. Abby was in my class two years ago, and she invited me to her spring piano recital. Before we went, her family and I enjoyed dinner at their house - pizza from Papa Murphy's - delicious! The recital was fantastic, although I only stayed for half of it. Abby played a beautiful sonatina, and she did so well! I had no idea she was so musically talented!

3 comments:

  1. HAHA...that's all...just needed to let that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you included a cooking picture and picture of an owl pellet in the same post. And also right next to each other. Gross.

    By the way, I make fried rice at least once a week - SO good! Did you like the recipe you used? If not, I have a good one...we can make it when you come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just noticed your original title. I laughed.

    ReplyDelete