Monday, May 24, 2010

This Year is Different

Last week I had my students pick from several writing prompts, all which had to do with the school year ending. One of them was "How was this year different from what you expected at the start of the year?". One of my students showed me her paragraph, titled with the above title, and I was not expecting to read the following (original spelling included):

This year is diffrent because at the start of the year I thought it was just a big room of just friends, but actually this class is a big family. We all just get along so well and we are all just family. We know eachother from the inside out and thats what family is, but somtimes we fight, but we work it out and the next day we are all friends.

Her paragraph perfectly describes the class I had this year. These kids LOVE each other, they work well together, and I have enjoyed spending time with each and every one of them this year. I'm grateful to God for these students, and I pray that the truth of the gospel will take root in their hearts as they continue to hear His Word taught. I love them and will miss them greatly.

Four more days of my 6th year teaching - it's hard to believe...

2 comments:

  1. Awww this is so sweet :) I know all those students are blessed to have such an amazing teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 6th year?! Can't believe it's been that long. For the record, I like this class better than the one I met when I came down a few years back...

    ReplyDelete