Friday, June 4, 2010

Let the Summer Officially Begin!

After a refreshing and relaxing visit with the cousins last weekend, I finished up the last week of inservice at work. Teachers are now free for the summer! I'm looking forward to a couple months of free time - Lord, help me to use it wisely.

Enjoy the pictures! :)

May 29: Uncle James - part of his job is to run sound for several different events in the Bryan/College Station area, and here he is hard at work! He takes his work VERY seriously. On this particular night, he ran sound for three cover bands (I had to learn what a cover band is - I didn't know they even existed). We heard Miley Cyrus and Jonas Brothers impersonators, along with a Journey-esque group. I had no idea who Journey was, either...

May 30: Sweet cousin - officially my "first cousin once-removed", but what does that even mean? Here she is with daddy after church...

May 31: I had the privilege of taking family pictures on Monday, and this is one of my favorites. We only captured a couple where all eyes were on the camera.

June 1: Yes, I put this on my face before noticing the expiration date. After noticing a peculiar smell, I checked the bottle (you think I would have learned after the sunscreen incident). 2008 doesn't even come close to cousin Becca's lotion story, but at least she was wise enough not to use it. Apparently pack rat syndrome runs in the family!

June 2: This is Tamra, a coworker of mine. We've wanted to get together for awhile now, and Wednesday night it finally worked out. As I've worked with her over the last three years, I've come to realize how passionately she loves the Lord - through mini conversations or just observations. I am so grateful to have had the chance to spend time with her - the Lord has done amazing things in her life, and I was greatly encouraged by her story.

June 3: No picture today. Left the camera at school. :(

June 4: Blogging. :) Notice the yellow sign of.....patience. Loading pictures takes a very long time!

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet the Miley Cyrus impersonators didn't do as good a job with the Hoe Down Throwdown as I do! Maybe I should start taking my show to the road..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you posted that pic of Uncle James! He would have picked that one for sure. Thank you thank you for coming to see us!!!

    ReplyDelete