Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bonding With Mom

My mom is leaving for the summer in a few days, so we decided to have a bonding day before she left. Below are a few pictures from the day.

Hunting for a new (and inexpensive) headboard for my bed. Pier 1 was the place we finally settled on - AND - it was on sale! Yes!

Mom measuring to see if the headboard would fit in my car. Of course she was prepared with a tape measure in her purse. What person doesn't carry one of those in her purse...?

I was treated to an (early) birthday present - a pedicure at a place called "Hawaiian Nail Bar". Each customer could choose special "flavors" for their pedicure, and they were mixed together - made to order! This is by far the most creative pedicure place I've ever seen, complete with a tiki hut ambiance.

We finished the day off with dinner and a movie with my step-sister Nikki and her family. All in all, a great bonding day! Love you, Mom!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! But I don't understand the flavored pedicure...? Explain. Do you have to taste your toes? What flavor were yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin chose peppermint and mine was green tea! We didn't have to taste our toes but we did get to smell what went on them? It was unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your headboard and green wall, Erin! I also love how you always find God's hand in your life...what seems insignificant is most amazingly realized as very significant! I love you, Erin!

    ReplyDelete