Saturday, June 26, 2010

Smoky Mountains

Well, I just spent a week in the Smoky Mountains with a good friend of mine, and we had a blast! Her entire family was there - 16 people (8 of those under the age of 8!). It was a blessing to be able to spend a week with them in a gorgeous part of the country.

Enjoy the pictures!

June 18: Kari and I spent a night in Memphis, and we decided to eat at Gus' World Famous Fried Chicken! This place is recommended by Rachael Ray herself, so we thought we'd check it out. It was awesome - we waited for over an hour, but the food was well worth it!

June 19: I don't even know where to begin with this. I'll let the website speak for itself. A coworker of mine told me about The Peabody Hotel this year, so when we passed it on Friday night I got SO excited. Kari and I got to see the ducks the next morning! :)

June 20: Our hotel had a water park, which was perfect for all the kiddos! They had a blast!

June 21: Love this picture - Kari's niece modeling her hairdo.

June 22: Horseback riding! I joined Kari's sister and niece for a morning ride in the Smokies, and it was just beautiful!

June 23: Painting pottery - this is Kari's work in progress. She made it for a friend of hers who is getting married next month.

June 24: We went on a mini-hike in the mountains (about 2.5 miles), and the trail led us to a beautiful waterfall. The hike was the best nature walk ever for the kids - they loved picking up bugs, sticks, and rocks, and they nearly gave the adults panic attacks by walking too close to the edge of the mountain. Below are a couple pics of things we saw along the way.

God is amazing. I think these are rhododendrons. I'm still not sure how to say that.

Breathtaking.

June 25: On the road again - 15 hours to go! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back safe and sound! Lara is jealous of your duck adventure. And I can't believe how beautiful the mountains are! Looks like you had a great time. I'm glad...although now I'm thinking that Durham, NC doesn't really compare with this trip - so I'm hoping you still have a good time when you come visit us=) We don't have a water park - but I can set up Lara's pool in the backyard for us...?

    ReplyDelete