Monday, June 28, 2010

Details

I love when God reminds me that I am in no way in control of things. I forget sometimes. It started last week with a phone call saying that my moving date would have to be postponed a day. In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal, but it did cause some anxiety in me that I had to give to the Lord. After notifying my fellow group of movers, changing my U-Haul reservation, and fretting for a bit, God graciously reminded me that He provides for His children. In all things.

Fast forward to Sunday. In a 20-minute span of time (on the drive home from church), the following things happened in my car:

*Battery light turns on

*Check engine light turns on

*A friendly message that reads “Check hybrid system” lights up

*My air conditioner begins blowing hot air, no matter the setting

Unusual…after a split second of deliberation, I decided the car needed to be taken into the shop. Monday morning rolls around and I’m there at 9:00, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. The nice service man talks to me for a bit and sends me on my way.

This afternoon, the nice service man calls back and tells me something called a “belt tensioner” has broken into bits and pieces, and these pieces have fallen into other parts of the car’s system, where they have melted and therefore ruined several parts. He will need the car until Wednesday afternoon. Did I mention I’m moving tomorrow?

I’m thankful for my sisters in Christ. I'm grateful they extend love to me because God first loved them. In the last 24 hours:

*Becca has given me a much-needed ride from the service shop to Bible study

*Elizabeth, a friend from church, has given me a much-needed ride home from Bible study

*Kari has visited me and taken me to Sonic’s happy hour, giving me much-needed encouragement in the middle of the afternoon

*Melissa, a coworker of mine, has offered me her Suburban for the move tomorrow

God is good. He cares about details. And He loves His children. No matter what comes our way, He gives us grace for the moment. And it’s sufficient for me.

Along with this move come many changes and difficult emotions, so I’m grateful that my heavenly Father is the same yesterday, today, and forever. A month from now I’ll look back on this week and think “Oh, it all worked out in the end”, but I hope I don’t forget the Lord’s hand in it all.

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."

~1 Peter 5:7

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you've had kind of a rough week :( Thanks for sharing though. It was such an encouraging entry! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I'm praying for you this morning!!! I hope it is a smooth day of moving. Praying for the emotions in the the midst of it all too! "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I'm wondering...how did the door handle fare on your car? Because that's a pretty important piece, as we learned with the camry...

    Prayed for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing this post lady! God always uses you to encourage me after reading soemthing you've posted. Trusting and obeying can be one of the hardest things to do sometimes becuase we love to have control and order to our lives, but amen to the fact that God is sovereign and will do things according to his plans and timing as opposed to ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to catch up on your pictures, my dear! If you miss another day, check out some of my new ones...you might be able to find a decent substitute. Miss you and love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete